Tuesday, July 27, 2004

"I should get that done, I’ll do it later"

Procrastinate, we all do it, but for some women it rules their lives. Procrastination has a way of making them feel weak or indecisive and later on, guilty for not doing what they said they would.

Sound familiar? "I should get that done, I’ll do it later." These are the sirens of procrastination.

Next time you’re faced with a project and these words of procrastination enter your head, take a look at what you want to accomplish, examine your reasons for resistance, then ask yourself, is it something that I can start now. If so, then start.

See yourself as someone who makes solid decisions. When you commit to something, honor it.

From Meditations for Women

How many of us are guilty of procrastinating?  Take me, for example.  For the past two years (geez, has it been that long) I have been putting off editing the novel I have written.  You may ask yourself why have I been putting it off?  I wish I had a good enough answer for you.  I'd like to blame it on not having enough hours in the day but in truth I just keep putting it off, saying "I'll start it tomorrow."  Two years of tomorrows have passed by.  It's time for me to stop putting it off, roll up my sleeves and get down to some serious editing.

What have been putting off doing?

|