Thursday, August 26, 2004

"Committing to change is one thing, actually changing is entirely something else"

When you embark on change in your life you undoubtedly feel commitment, determination and the passion to make it happen. As time passes the euphoria that dominated your thoughts has a way of waning. If you let your passion completely fizzle out, the change that you were so committed to becomes internalized as failure.

Don’t let this happen, realize it is up to you and nobody else to motivate yourself to keep pushing and keep the passion alive. It is a time to go that extra mile, you have come such a long way, now is not the time to quit.

From Meditations for Women

In my case it wasn’t my euphoria that fizzled, it was my computer monitor. I had just committed myself to begin editing my book when my monitor began to snap, crackle and pop. Today I lugged my computer monitor to a place in town that came highly recommended by a friend. He charges $20 to run a diagnostic check and that amount is applied to the cost of fixing the problem. If it will be too costly to fix my monitor all that I’m out is the $20. I should be hearing from him on Saturday with the results. I’m keeping my fingers crossed, which makes typing rather difficult.

|