Monday, August 30, 2004

So True!

I hope that everyone had a great weekend. I'm still waiting on some news about my monitor. Apparently a chip has gone bad (dah!) and since it is a Gateway Computer finding a replacement is rather difficult. Very similar to having a foreign car when it comes time to having something fixed or replaced. Mental note to myself: Never buy a Gateway Computer again.

The following thought is so true, especially now. My mind was so focused on working on my book when my monitor decided to fizzle out on me. I have to find a way to keep my mind focused.

"Modern life is full of distractions"

It seems that something or someone is always trying to take us off track. You have in mind a point of focus, an objective, or destination, then something comes along that grabs your attention and steers you in an entirely different direction.

A certain amount of distraction can’t be avoided, the best way to deal with these distractions is to simply accept them as inevitable and then get back to work as quickly as possible. Don’t let the distractions upset you, your emotional reaction is likely to cost you far more time and energy then the distraction itself.

From Meditations for Women

|