Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Snow

I have been a very bad blogger lately. Shame on me! You must think that I have fallen off the face of the earth. Not so. Between working two jobs, Amanda’s basketball schedule and getting ready for the holiday I have hardly have enough time to breathe.

Yesterday we had about 5 inches of snow. First snowfall of the season always makes driving a challenge. This morning when I left for work the snow was shining and everything had a Hallmark feel to it. Now if only some elves would shovel my driveway for me.

SNOW

Flittering flakes
of frozen white;
A glorious show-
on winter's night!
Wind blown and tossed-
in silhouetting stay;
Uniquely stacked-
on God's array!
A frozen quietness-
all fluffed and puffed;
To warm the inner soul!
Will melt away
another day-
His wonders to behold!
~ Glenn Caudle

|