Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Father's Day!

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years. ~ Mark Twain

Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance. ~ Ruth E. Renkel


By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong. ~ Charles Wadsworth


My father always used to say that when you die, if you've got five real friends, then you've had a great life. ~ Lee Iacocca


If the new American father feels bewildered and even defeated, let him take comfort from the fact that whatever he does in any fathering situation has a fifty percent chance of being right. ~ Bill Cosby


Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother rather than all major credit cards. ~ Robert Orben

|