Thursday, February 09, 2006

Everything that is worthwhile in life is scary. Choosing a school, choosing a career, getting married, having kids--all those things are scary. If it is not fearful, it is not worthwhile. ~ Paul Tornier

I’m buying a house. Have a mentioned that before? Probably not and only because I didn’t want to jinx the deal. Now I’m just waiting for the loan to go through. You can only imagine how nervous I am right now.

It’s a small house. Brick exterior, eat in kitchen, dining room, two bedrooms, finished basement, attached garage, three season porch, screened in porch and very high privacy fencing. It has it’s moans and groans being an older home but it suits Amanda and I.

Our close date is March 3 and we will be moving on March 11. This will give me a little time to move over as many boxes as I possibly can so that all we have to move would be the furniture along with my washer and dryer.

I hate moving. There’s always the fear that I won’t have enough people to help me with the move. My friend Megan said that she would help move the boxes over (her fiancé has a nice size pick-up truck). Axel said he would help along with my friend Dave, his son and Allen (a friend from work) with the actual move. It would be nice to have at least one or two more people to help with the move.

It will be nice to have a place of my own. Last summer my landlords were always at the duplex working in the garden or doing yard work. While it’s nice that they take such great care of the place it was a little awkward having them always around. They would be out back working on the lawn when I’d come home from work, making me feel as if were in the way while I was out there trying to make dinner on the grill.

Like I said, it will be nice having a place of my own.

|